BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Scotland 08.03.09














































Ok, today was probably on my top ten days list in my whole life….that might sound dramatic but it was such a great day! It was full of spontaneous decisions and it turned out great. We started off getting the last minute gifts we needed from the crafty gift shops. Then we took a train to North Berwick, Scotland. We took a real trip to a real coast this time…not another dock! This was the start of a unforgettable day. The train dropped us off right at the beach. Little note-the sand was amazing! We put our feet in the ocean, played around and then sat on the beach to take it all in. This was the first time I have touched the ocean. This beached looked exactly like Prince Edward islands, I am a big fan of Anne of Green Gables so I compared a lot of it to that movie. There were sailboats everywhere, and children making sandcastles all along the beach. Becca and I took a taxi to a castle on the coast just a couple miles from where we were. This castle is the number two most haunted castles, and it is just the ruins of it. It sits on a cliff where the ocean water splashes up on. Then out in the distance of the ocean is a huge rock island with a lighthouse on it. The island is white on top, I thought it was snow but that doesn’t make sense for the month of August So I read the nifty sign with info of it and it said that 21000 birds live on this rock!!! That is crazy, considering the size of the island. This was such a great experience, I can’t wait to show my family pictures of it. The cold sea breeze and smell was refreshing. After the time at the coast we went back to Edinburgh to catch a train back to London. We arrived in London five hours later at midnight. We rushed to the underground tube because it closes at night, and now I am in the apt sitting here doing homework at 4 am!!! Yeah for not sleeping!

0 comments: