BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Scotland 08.02.09





































Today we got up extremely early, which I am a little confused about why now, because nothing was opened that early. We wanted to go to the coast so we took a bus ride to the nearest coast. We were so pumped and once we got there we were disappointed in what we saw. The bus took us to the loading dock of Edinburgh! Haha we saw some crumby boats and really dirty water. We tried to pick out the pretty parts of it but ended up going back into the city. We look back on it and laugh now. Some of the girls headed back to London, but the rest of us found the LDS church branch and went there. The people were extremely nice and it was relaxing being in church. After church we went to the Edinburgh castle. After the climb up the hill to it we found the entrance and paid some pretty serious poundage to get in! It was very interesting and pretty. The crowned jewels were there, and a lot of soldier memorabilia. It was pretty fancy and definitely was what I expected. There were good shops that are on the Royal Mile that leads to the castle. We spent a lot of time in the tacky souvenir shops, they are kind of addicting! I didn’t buy a lot because there isn’t a lot I can do with a kilt once I get back to the U.S. One of the best things I did today though was eat at the Last Drop Pub. It is a pub where a lot of people spent their last days so it was a little creepy. The food was some of the best I have had on my whole trip, they were a little confused why we didn’t order some whiskey instead of our water though. We shopped around some more and then took some night pictures of the castle. Then we went back to the hotel to our dreamy hotel! This town has been so surreal and I don’t want to leave so soon, we go back to London tomorrow. Edinburgh has been warmer than London and it really surprises me. It is very sunny and it has been a nice change from the rainy weather in London. The people here have a very strong accent, it sounds like a different language! I have a hard time hearing anyways and then add a Scottish accent I feel like a retard when trying to communicate with them.

0 comments: