BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

London 08.04.09






















Last day in LondonL We saved Buckingham Palace for tonight and sadly we didn’t see the Queen. She must have been busy!! The interior was beautiful, this is one of the castles that I liked the interior a lot better than the exterior. The inside was over-the-top and made you feel like royalty when walking through it. The materials used in this palace was mostly all the real fancy stuff, unlike some of the other palaces. The chandeliers, and silk cover walls makes you feel so special when in the room. We stopped at the café to get cocoa and pastries once again. There will be no more pastries for me the second I get home and I am excited for that. They are so addicting and delicious. I had a really easy and enjoyable day. We wanted to do some last minute shopping and then I wanted to go to the Shakespearean Globe to see a show. So we split up for a while. I went by myself to find tickets for the show. This theater is an original Shakespeare Theater. I got tickets for Helen, not a real popular play I don’t think but it was only 5 pounds for it. We later met up as a group at Portabello Road to do a little more window shopping. By the time we went down the streets a ways it was time for me to go back to the apartment and get ready for the theater. Some of the other girls went to Wicked but I have seen it and I didn’t have the money to go to it. Therefore I chose to go to Helen at the Globe by myself and meet with them afterwards. It was really fun to walk through London alone and take it all in for the last night here. It is so beautiful and I really paid attention to my surroundings. While waiting to get in the theater I met this a guy named Dimitri. He is traveling through Europe too so we exchanged stories. It was a lot of fun. We watched the show together and hung out for a while after. He lives in New York and is Russian so it was fun to hear his stories. The show was good, a little weird, but good. There were parts of it that were so random, and really funny. It is set during the Trojan War but has modern people doing stuff in it every so often. The theater was fun to be in, the atmosphere feels like you were back in the actual time period of the play. There isn’t a roof and the actors interact with audience. I walked around with Dimitri for a while and then I went back to the apartment to start packing and cleaning to go home. I am going to stay up all night, since it is already 1 am and I leave in 4 hours to the airport! I still need to pack and do everything, I have procrastinated a little. I won’t get to Salt lake unitl 6:30 pm. So that is a long day since I am leaving at 5am!!!!

0 comments: