BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Scotland 08.01.09
















Everything went as planned today. I was a little nervous, because I planned this trip to Scotland very last minute. Just like I do with everything else. Becca and I decided that we like to be late .especially in train stations because its is such a thrill to run through a train station! Yeah we get excited about the stupidest things. We made a stop in Alnwick to see the castle that Harry Potter was filmed. So we get there and I had to save Becca first thing. We saw this tree that looked just like the Whomping Willow, and of course she wanted to climb it. Well she got stuck and was falling down, I got there in a matter of seconds to save her life. Becca got whomped by the Whomping Willow! It was suppose to be just her and me going on this expedition this weekend but we recruited four more people to go with us the first day. We then pet some owls, in honor of hegwig, and then toured the castle. We saw the exact spot they filmed Harry Potter learning how to fly. The castle was pretty but wasn’t my most favorite one. They had done a lot of restoration work to it and It took a little bit of the old feel to it. It was very beautiful though. We spent a couple hours there and then headed to Edinburgh by train. We had a packed night so we got started on what we wanted to do once we got there. We took a bus tour…on the double decker bus, it was pretty exciting. Then we went to a ghost tour in the underground vaults of Edinburgh. They are abandoned and creepy dark. I have to admit that I got scared during a lot of it I made a fool out of myself and basically hugged a stranger for the reason that I got scared and decided to jump into my neighbors arms! She didn’t stand by me the rest of the tour!
We had a goal to go to all of the Hard Rock Cafés in the all the cities we go to. So we all went to the one in Edinburgh. Becca and I had to check into hour hostel so we paid for a pricey taxi. Once we got there we found out that they had to put us into a private room instead of the dorm with like 10 bunk beds! We were so excited and it was nicer than the other hotels we have stayed in this whole trip. It was modern and really fun. On the way back to our hotel a car passed us with james blunt blaring out of the window…he is one of my most favorite UK singers. That was really a good moment. Then in Oxford a couple days ago I was on a bus chatting with a guy on the bus and we started talking about music. I told him how much I like James Blunt and he started laughing. He said that a lot of people like him in the Uk but know one ever admits it!
So Scotland was a breath of fresh air. Green everywhere, huge cliff with a #1 castle on top of it, Scottish accents, men in kilts, and I can’t forget about the bagpipes!

0 comments: